[T3] Dual Carb Linkages-Aftermarket

Jaime Gurrola elpuerco66 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:41:01 PDT 2015

     For the non-purists on the list only.  All others look away,

My question for any folks who are running the DCNF Weber carbs is what
linkage are you using or have used and what was your experience with
keeping it tuned and fitment?  CSP has one that looks promising but the
geometry doesn't seem to be quite correct and all the cross bar type
linkages I've looked at seem very bad due to the off-set between the 1/2
and 3/4 cylinders.

The DCNF are peculiar because the have the accelerator pump on the rear
(or front, depending on orientation) of the carb body as opposed to the
middle of the body like in the IDF or IDA series. Ideally for these
carbs, the linkage I am envisioning would move both throttles in the
same direction as opposed to opposite direction like the stock linkage
does in the PDSIT carbs.  This would be better because it would put the
stress from the linkage arm pivot on the side with the spring on both
carbs and minimize the stress on the throttle shaft.

WRT fitment of carbs, it appears that the body on my 68 Variant has
sagged bit in the past 40+ years of service and I was wondering if there
are bushings that may need to be replaced or shimmed up? And, how do I
go about doing that exactly?

Jaime