[T3] Heat tubes

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Thu Jul 9 04:53:53 PDT 2015

There are many products available for small aircraft engines that can
be used.  They are not metal, but are very durable and designed to
withstand more heat than produced by a type 3.  They last for years
on aircraft.  If there is an aircraft repair business near you they
may have some ends of rolls they will sell you for a reasonable
price.  The hoses on aircraft can be quite long, and I think they buy
the stuff by the roll, and cut it as they need it.  Take one of your
old ones along for sizing.

I think I used some hoses that were for a Porsche on my type 3.  They
were not metal either, but worked perfectly.

At 07:29 AM 09/07/2015, you wrote:
>Not to hijack the subject but what good alternatives are there to
>replace the hose from the fan housing to the heater boxes without
>the additional components that are on a stock exhaust? The foil hose
>is a waste it does not last very long before it rips or gets cracks in it.
>
>Daniel Du Vall
>http://1peter4-10.org
>http://volkswageninsanity.us

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
peoplepost.net - marinesurveyor.com - yachtsales.com
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.