[T3] ANOTHER slipped belt!

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Jul 11 08:02:51 PDT 2015

On 11 Jul 2015 at 11:42, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Cupping on at least 4X4 Chevys seems a common problem this is a 1
> owner (Being me) and I even had the front checked and verified the
> alignment everything is as it should be.

I had cupping troubles on the front tires of my '68 Type 3 many years
ago, until I found a place that could spin balance them, adding
weights to both the inside and outside edges of the rims. That fixed
the problem. Since spin balancing (2 plane balancing) is the norm
today, it seems unlikely that this could be your problem, but I hear
that some people who buy fancy wheels don't want the balance weights
visible on the outside, so insist on just inside weights. That ends
up being not much better than the old style static balance.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org