[T3] DONT SPEND BIG MONEY ON BRAKE LINERe:center brake line!!$13!!!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 14:11:34 PDT 2015

Just wondering if the grommets were already on the Type 2 item.  That's
quite a consideration on Jim's idea.

Kunifer brake line (copper-nickel-steel alloy) has been available for many
years in the UK - it is the preferred material for making up your own lines,
though copper is also permitted I believe.  Is the problem with copper lines
due to work hardening through vibration, and is it a common problem?

I bought a set of copper lines for the Variant years ago, and have never
fitted them.  The originals seem to last forever (not so for modern VWs!).

With right-hand drive, we don't get the problem of snow and salt on shoes
melting onto the brake line.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club