[T3] Long Center Brake Line

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jun 4 19:11:29 PDT 2015

On 4 Jun 2015 at 16:28, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Jim Re:
> Your new copper-nickel brake line material.
>
> Having clients send you the "old line" so you could re-use & install the
> rubber grommets before installing those VW bubble flares(?) & line nuts ....
>
> 1.)  Are those rubber grommets still available, without reusing the old
> ones?

Probably not, and they vary by year, and they vary in their
orientation (which way they face on the line.) If I could get people
to cut off a foot or so at each end and ship them to me with the
grommets still on them, then I could see which grommets they need and
how they need to face. Then I could hopefully reuse those grommets
and duplicate the line.

> 2.)  Or are those grommets one of those "no longer available" parts?

I have a very small stock of NOS grommets of at least 2 styles. I'm
pretty sure I don't have all the versions. I want to avoid people
coming to me and asking for all new parts just because they want all
NOS. Such people don't understand The Concept of Finite Resources.
They should just buy new cars.

> 3.)  About how long is that long center brake line?

trade secret.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org