[T3] Fuel tank outlet filter?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 09:43:56 PDT 2015

The original was a copper gauze 'sock' but that looks like a plastic
replacement.  It should just pull out, but is probably stuck as the metal
union nut holds it in.

Looks like yours isn't fuel injected - I can't see a return pipe - so
tank-sealer should be OK.  With FI it's unwise to use tank-sealer as there
are narrow channels around the return pipe that are essential for keeping
the interior 'pot' of fuel full, which acts like a sort of header tank
within the main tank.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club