[T3] Fuel tank outlet filter?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 8 05:48:21 PDT 2015

On 8 Jun 2015 at 6:12, Craigs List wrote:

> Thanks for the tips, guys. As far as "don't seal the tank!" It is already
> done. This one had an extreme case of rust. I had no idea off the draw
> backs and used a por15 tank seal kit on it yesterday.

Sorry to hear that. Rust in the tank seems to be a rather common
problem in tanks that have been left empty in damp storage. There are
several ways to clean out the rust, but I'm afraid just sealing over
the rust is not one of them. The rust layer will eventually enable
the sealant to peel off. Adding a filter under the tank will keep the
junk from getting any farther and causing the really big headaches
that this might create.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org