[T3] Fuel tank outlet filter?

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 06:01:40 PDT 2015

Jim,

This was a 5 step process. It wasn't just "seal over the rust."

Step 1, take the tank apart, drive to the local car wash and spray the crap
out of it.

Step 2, there was a chemical (alkali) detergent that you mixed 1 to 1 and
spend a hour swishing around the tank. This released the rust scale in the
tank. Then you rinsed it out and did it again for another hour.

Step 3, chemical etching for 2 hours. Swishing the chemical around the tank
and letting it sit in different positions to have the time to etch all
areas of the inside of the tank. This allows the sealer to adhere to the
inside of the tank.

Step 4, dry the tank completely before you use the sealer. This was
achieved with 100 degree Texas heat and a hair drier shoved in the tank
fill.

Step 5, poor in sealer and coat the whole inside of the tank for 30 min,
drain and let dry for 4 days.

I understand that some have had bad luck with sealing products. I will
report back on how this holds up over time. This kit is a little more
involved then most.

Adam