[T3] Fuel gauge issues (jumpy needle)

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 16:39:04 PDT 2015

The tiny hole in the sender casing keeps the level inside relatively
constant, which dampens rapid changes of the float position quite well. Most
likely the wire is a bit dirty in that area, but it is a VERY delicate
operation to clean off the dirt, and very easy to break the wire trying it.
If you can live with it, you're probably best leaving it alone.

You may find there is an intermittent contact in the circuit rather than in
the sender.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club