[T3] Re Muffler

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 15 20:22:23 PDT 2015

On 16 Jun 2015 at 2:16, J. Jonik wrote:

> I think measurements, or some parts compatibility check, or some
> confirmation by one who's already replaced a '72 with a '68, would be
> Almost as good as a photo.  Some here may know if a '68 muffler would
> replace a rusty '72.I don't remember, or know, what a header is yet
> but will look it up.

Yes, a '68 exhaust system will fit on a '72, but you have to swap
everything from the heat exchangers on back. You can't use the '72
damper pipe on the '68 muffler.

And, since he mentioned a muffler AND a header, we know that he's not
talking about a stock style system. Anything with a header is
aftermarket, and won't use the rear heat exchangers and won't be
compatable with any of the other stock style parts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org