[T3] Part Number Info Needed

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:12:15 PDT 2015

Jim,

Come to find out, the module with 7 or 10 terminals is the problem. My car
has been converted to 12 volt, so the box I have under the dash is 211 953
227. They are about $60 on cip1.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-211-953-227-B

We thought it was the relay mentioned above (311....), but we found out
that the PO put that relay in for the fog lights. It was not the culprit.

What prompted me to a problem was the fact that my blinkers went from a
normal pace of blinking to a very rapid pace. This is usually the sign of
one of you lights going out, but it was doing it for both directions. The
further I drove the faster it got. I thought it might have been a voltage
regulator going out and allowing the alternator to overcharge. This was not
the case as proven by the tester showing that I was charging at around 14
volts.

When I was driving the 211 module would buzz. The blinkers were blinking at
an unreal pace. I was driving in a pretty good rain. There is a chance that
some water may have dripped into the module. Unlikely but it could have
happened. For the drive home from my parents I pulled the fuse that was
sending power to the unit and let that be for now.

When I pulled the flasher handle the 211 module would click but not blink.
When I did the blinkers they no longer would blink. I will test it more
sometime this week. For now I will have to drive without blinkers. All
other lights seem to work. I will look at the wiring diagram tomorrow and
see what I am up against.

Adam