[T3] Front and bacl emblem

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 22 13:56:50 PDT 2015

On 22 Jun 2015 at 13:18, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Dave don't even mention Variant here in the U.S.  People will just get
> it mixed up with the old Plymouth Valiants we have here.

I've gotten stopped on a few occasions by people who have moved here
from Germany. The conversation usually goes something like this.

"Yeah, I remember those from years ago in Germany, but I can't
remember what VW called them."

"Variant?" I replied.

"That's right, Variant. I'd forgotten all about them. A friend of
mind had one. Great car. What year is yours?"

Always a great conversation starter.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org