[T3] New pump different hic-ups

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Mon May 11 22:49:29 PDT 2015

I finally got the new (rebuilt by Jim in January) pump in the square. Leaked a little but quit after I let it sit for about an hour. Fires up quickly as it should but as I was driving/grinning the speedometer/odometer quit. I got a new cable ready to install as the old one appeared to bind slightly and the needle wandered a few mph. My wife took it out for the evening and said it was stumbling again. On start up I get a rough idle and lots of white smoke. I disconnected the cold start injector with no change. Feels like the points are inconsistent but that wouldn't explain the white smoke. I think it's awfully rich and/or I have an injector that is fouled. The AAR is working as it should and I don't have any vacuum leaks in the air intake that I can find.Last time the advance plate in the distributer was sticky, and I put a drop of oil on it, so that will be part of my next wrenching. I've been wondering about the injectors for a while and remember there was a mention of getting them rebuilt. Has anyone gone that route? and would you repeat the process?
Tim 73 FI auto