[T3] Brake Calipers

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 11:30:42 PDT 2015

To save time and so I don't miss deadline for state inspection, I got two new brake calipers from a place recommended by a VW mechanic in the next state.
Slight problem, the holes for the mounting bolts are too small for the bolts. Apparently, I forgot to mention that my axle beam is a '73, though the car's a '71.  Who knew there'd be a difference?So, if the holes line up with the thread holes in the axle assembly, could those caliper holes simply be drilled out wider to accommodate the bolts?
Then...before I make the calipers un-returnable, are there any other surprise differences?
Only difference I spot is that the two pins that hold in the pads are a different design.