[T3] Axial Rod Clearance

Jaime Gurrola elpuerco66 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:32:41 PDT 2015

I'm putting on a set of reconditioned rods on my crank and my axial
measurements range from .016 on #2 journal to .020 on #3 journal. The
other two were .018"  They are within the spec's in the Bentley manual.
Still, .020 seems very sloppy lose even for a stock application which
this is not.

I'd like to hear what type of clearances you guys run on your motors.

My crank is .10 under on the rod journals.  Might the machine shop have
screwed this up in the reconditioning of the crank and/or rods?