[T3] best battery

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 16 05:42:58 PDT 2015

On 15 May 2015 at 18:36, Steve Panayiotou wrote:

> I'm sure you've addressed this numerous times on here, but I'm a
> newbie, so forgive me.  What is the best battery of value for my '69
> Fastback?

That market changes so often that it's very hard to say. Our cars
don't tend to be hard on batteries, so most batteries tend to last a
long time. Our batteries are also not in the engine compartment,
where they are in most cars, so they don't suffer from the heat of
the engine.

The most important thing to keep in mind when you buy a battery is
that you need to MAKE SURE you get a Group 42 battery. Don't just
grab something that looks about right.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org