[T3] 65 notch....what is this?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 16 20:25:37 PDT 2015

On 16 May 2015 at 16:54, Ray Gifford wrote:

> I posted this picture on samba. I am fixing things and going over the notch and found this under the bonnet. Any ideas?

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1351485

While the hoses look as nice as those you might find on AC systems, I
think these parts look like an electric fuel pump and filter/water
separator, probably for a factory installed Eberspracher gasoline
heater. That would have taken up a lot of space in the frunk and
there should at least be some holes in the body for exhaust into the
LF wheel well and for hot air into the passenger compartment. There
would also have been a control somewhere on the dash for this.

The really amazing thing to me is that the brackets that hold these
parts appear to be completely factory installed. I've never seen
anything like this, but I've seen very few heaters.

Anyone know if Ark Mirvis (Heaterman) is still around? He would know.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org