[T3] New pump different hic-ups

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 19 05:27:10 PDT 2015

On 18 May 2015 at 23:15, Tim Keohane wrote:

> I had considered adding a quart of diesel fuel to scrub the lines and
> injectors. Any thoughts on that suggestion?

I wouldn't expect diesel to be any better than gas at cleaning things
out, but who knows.

I've also tried some of the commercial injector cleaners that you add
to your gas, but I've never found an improvement in our cars.

I DO know that among diesel fuels, biodiesel is a better solvent than
regular diesel. People who switch to biodiesel often have problems in
the beginning from all the crud that gets cleaned out of the system.
A couple fuel filter changes later, however, everything's clean and
the problems go away.

In general, my impression is that our cars just don't tend to get
fuel system crud problems, except for the dirt & water problems that
arise when the overflow hose is cracked.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org