[T3] Today's questions

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed May 20 18:17:34 PDT 2015

I suspect that Bob is rather careful with his Type 3 cars, if your on smooth
roads or a trailer queen then your fine, but if you have railroad tracks,
potholes, a boat strapped to the back or worse, then your front end needs
that extra travel and the geometry that VW designed into it.  Ive seen many
lower arms with the needle bearings stamped into them on lowered cars, that
wont cause an instant failure but its the beginning of the end for the arm
and bearing and those bearings are VERY hard to find and in very short
supply these days.

With proper ride height and good maintenance, the front end will last
virtually forever.  My 71 is up to 345K now with all its original bearings
and bushings and still in great shape.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com