[T3] 72 VW Fastback idlle

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri May 22 10:45:29 PDT 2015

I took Jim's advice and tried cleaning the idle ports on the air distributor with WD40 instead of carb and choke like I did the first time when we first put the engine together. That seem to do the trick. Now I may have to turn it down a little. I just drove it on a 20 mile round trip on my lunch break and no slow idle issue what so ever. I think I'll hold off on putting a 73 ECU and Pressure sensor to work with this 73 distributor. It runs so good right now I hate to tamper with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Dennis
72 Fastback FI MT

Sent from my iPad