[T3] Fan Pulley Fell Off

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu May 28 09:36:20 PDT 2015

In a message dated 5/28/2015 11:26:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> 3)  The Fan's dowel hole also appears to be somewhat messed up.

Yeah, take  a very good look at the fan. In addition to the dowel
hole, it's quite  possible that the surface where the pulley seats has
been worn such that a  new pulley won't seat flat there. This is
likely to put the pulley  off-center and out of balance.

You can use the pulley and fan from your  second hand engine, or I
have all those parts, including the shims  washers, and bolts,
available here.

Also, take a real good look at the threads on the bolt. I've found that if
that bolt comes loose (from not being torqued to the 95 to 103 ft lb spec
in  Bentley), that the threads can get smoothed out (from being bounced
around), and  the bolt won't hold the correct torque. You might want to use your
donor engine  parts to fix it.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof