[T3] NOS Bosch Reverse Light Kit - Installation Help Needed

Sean Bartnik sjbartnik at mac.com
Sun May 31 16:58:31 PDT 2015

> Interesting. I didn't know that this kit existed.
>
> Yes, if your tranny is tapped for the switch, that's certainly the
> best way to go. I probably have one of those switches somewhere, and
> I certainly have the inline fuse holders.

Jim (and others),
So I jacked the car up today and inspected the front end of the transaxle but I couldn’t find anything that could plausibly be considered a tapped and plugged spot for a reverse light switch.  Granted I didn’t know exactly where I was supposed to be looking but I checked over the enter front end of the transaxle and didn’t come up with anything.

So I guess I’m back to the original plan of using the Bosch kit. But Jim, since you mentioned you have the VW inline fuse holders, I think I’d like to get one of those from you so I can wire it up to look “proper VW.”

Let me know in PM how you want to handle that.

Thanks!

-Sean