[T3] 69 T3 fuel inj

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 1 11:33:53 PST 2015

On 1 Nov 2015 at 14:25, liverbeat71 wrote:

> My Fastback will not start! Running well until yesterday, cranks fine
> but will not fire up. Emailed Jim... and checked relays and pump, all
> o.k. Checked grounds on top of heads will give them a good cleaning.
> Distributor was rebuilt this summer and electronic ignition installed.
> New coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cyl temp sensor, mps adj to
> 28psi,AAR and fuel pump rebuilt.

Check spark timing. Distributor may not be fully seated in the case,
allowing dist to slip with respect to the drive gear. Or the
Pertronix may have failed.

This is a '69, so problematic injector grounds on heads. Loosen and
re-tighten ground screws. (This probably isn't the problem, because
bad grounds usually don't happen suddenly on BOTH sides at the same
time.)

[BTW: MPS measures manifold vacuum and is to the left of the engine.
Fuel pressure regulator is under the right side intake air runners.]

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org