[T3] DOT 5 and brake light switches

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Thu Nov 5 02:34:05 PST 2015

On 11/04 12:57, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> You might want to use the 2 terminal brake light switches, as they
> seem to last the longest.

Which isn't saying much, unfortunately.  I've never owned a fancy modern
3-prong car, but I've had tons of trouble with failing 2-prong brake
light switches in my VWs (no DOT 5 involved) over the last decade.
Everything seems to be junk.  I just try to think of brake light
switches as wear items and hope that whatever one doesn't take a
ridiculous amount of pressure to engage.

This is a good moment to appreciate the fact that we're not trying to
find usable screw terminal brake light switches.  We've got it easy.

Soren