[T3] 46mm Wrench to Loan?

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:51:52 PST 2015

> From: skellzangelz at hotmail.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 11:36:13 -0500
> Subject: [T3] 46mm Wrench to Loan?
>
> Hi All,
> Does anyone on the list have a 46mm open-end wrench for the huge heat exchanger to muffler nuts that I could borrow? I would be happy to pay a rental fee and all shipping if so.
> I sent a message to someone on the samba who is selling one for $35 shipped but have not heard back after a few weeks, so I thought I'd ask here.
> I bought a NOS muffler and need the wrench to transfer my upper/rear heater boxes to the new muffler. Since they're going to be a real pain, I don't even want to start trying without the proper tool.
> Thanks,Jeremy

Have the inch equivalent. Tried getting the boxes loose on a N.O.S. and wouldn't budge, so just be prepared with a backup plan. Leaving the boxes loose does make for some exhaust leak, but what stock aircooled Volkswagen doesn't have an exhaust leak? ;p

At university all day, so if can wait and don't mind $30 deposit, then can get it out tomorrow.

Hope this helps,
Adriel