[T3] 46mm Wrench to Loan?

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:16:05 PST 2015

On 11 Nov 2015 at 6:45, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

>> What I did was took the upper HE to my mechanic, who placed it in a
>> vice and used a socket on a big air impact driver to break it loose.  It
>> took him about one second with that.  After getting the nut broke loose,
>> sand blasted and ceramic-coated the upper HE and it looks good as new.

>Did he do this cold? If so, maybe I need to try that next time.

The next time, Jim, may be on the muffler of my '69 Square in May, 2016.

I didn't have time to "check for major leaks" before we put the '69 in the
hanger & left for Texas.
But the smallish holes on the bottom-side may indicate there may be bigger
holes where we couldn't see. The "test" you suggested --- engine cold,
start engine, and feel for exhaust leaks above and around before the
muffler heats up too much --- might be the next step.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)