[T3] Brake glitch.

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Nov 21 15:28:05 PST 2015

On 21 Nov 2015 at 10:42, Tim Keohane wrote:

> I am interested. What would be the cost rebuilt with pads as you mentioned?

Without cores, they're expensive. I'll do $250 for a pair, complete
with all pads and hardware. I'm figuring $100 per bare caliper plus
$30 for the pads and $20 for all the hardware. There's actually a bit
of a discount in there for buying everything. (Pads would normally be
$35 and all the hardware could come to $30-40, depending on
new/used.) I can't promise all new hardware, but it will all be good.

Add $20 for packing, shipping, & insurance. Add$8 if you pay by
PayPal, to partly cover the fees they charge me, but feel free to
mail a check and forget about that. My address is below.

> As for the rotors I purchased, they are german made by Sebro. Part #
> 411 407 075. Supposedly for this year (73) type 3. The Sebro # is
> 107112C

That's the right VW #, so you should be on the right track there.

> From the mating face of the steering knuckle (where the caliper bolts
> ) to the inside of the rotor ( the breaking surface ) is 5/8" or 15 -
> 16 mm. If that helps.

On the caliper I measure from the same mating face to the 2 extremes
of the rotor opening: 15.5 and 29.5 mm. Sounds right, as 5/8" = 16
mm.

Jim Adney                  email: jadney at vwtype3.org
4018 Yuma Drive
Madison, WI 53711, USA     phone: 608-238-1153