[T3] Driver's Side Heater Tube

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 11:23:24 PST 2015

In a message dated 11/24/2015 8:47:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
craigslistcsprings at gmail.com writes:

What  length is the driver's side heat tube that goes from the heater box to
the  inlet into the cab of the car? I have a length of galvanized metal
ducting  that I want to get cut while I am at work today.

Our just give me both  measurements,I may have enough to get both cut. The
tubing collapses just  enough to compress top get into place and then
stretch top fill the  gap.

Adam
The parts book doesn't give a length, only an ID of 65mm. I do know the
left side is longer than the right though (due to cylinder set back).
Some day when we find out it's correct length, I'll add it to my Bentley. :
 )

What I did when I replaced mine, was to fit it in place on the body side,
then mark it with a sharpie (with it stretched out), so I knew where to cut
it. Then I added a tack weld on each end so it wouldn't unravel (why I had
to replace it). Keep in mind that it should collapse about an inch to get
onto  the heat exchanger end (then you pull it in place, and add a clamp
around the  tabs on the HE's).
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof