[T3] Auto shift issue

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Oct 19 09:08:07 PDT 2015

On 19 Oct 2015 at 8:40, Tim Keohane wrote:

> Brake questions:
>  I have a caliper (RF) that must be dragging. It felt like my wheel bearing (RF) was failing quickly. I pulled over and saw the rotor was glowing a dull red. I parked the car and made other arrangements.
> 	1) If the rotor is not warped can I presume it is built to withstand that amount of heat? Or am I looking at 2 new rotors?
> 	2) Sourcing rebuilt calipers. These were rebuilt 10-12 years ago and I don't have the time to do it myself.
> 	3) Jim do I recall correctly that you have new hoses? If so let me know as I will need 2 and replace the pair. Also if you have calipers I will get them also.

The rotor will probably be okay unless they are deeply gouged, but
you should check the grease in the bearings to see if it got cooked.

You won't find new calipers anywhere, but I can rebuild yours.
Unfortunately, we're planning to leave here on a ~3 week trip
starting this Wednesday, so I won't be available to do this work
until after ~Nov 10. This trip may change, however, so stay tuned.

Yes, I have new hoses, both front and rear. The fronts are most
commonly needed.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org