[T3] Rear Bearings

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:32:14 PDT 2015

My rear bearings on the passenger side are a little squeaky. Because of
this, I bought a new seal kit and set of bearings to replace BOTH sides.
Before I do the job, I had a couple of questions.

1. Will a bearing puller be necessary? They show one in the brown Bentley,
but I didn't know if it was a necessity.

2. The Bentley says nothing about packing the bearings on install. Am I to
assume that these bearings are lubricated by the 80*/90 in the gear box?

3. Any pointers going in that anyone would recommend?

This will be my first time messing with a swing axle car. I have had one in
the past, but I never had any issues with the rear. I just wanted to get
some direction before I got started.

Adam