[T3] two different issues

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Sep 10 07:22:59 PDT 2015

Hey guys!  I am starting to tear down my '73 Fasty for paint and floors.  Has anyone had good luck with isp west seals.  I intend on buying seals for the whole car, windshield, doors, trunks and engine compartment.  Also my car was running rich so I changed my vr.  The car runs great now but my gen light stays on.  I put the old vr back in and the car runs rich but the light goes off.  What could be wrong? I have a voltmeter but have not learned how to use it yet so I can't tell you what volts are at the battery.  Thanks! Doug  "Leilani"

Doug when I done this with my classes and got it back on the road a couple of years ago I used ISP to replace all my seals on the body.  So far all have held up great except for the rubber gasket that goes between the tag light assembly and trunk lid.  It is starting to crack.  Now my car is garage kept and only gets about 2500 miles a year put on it.  Majority of the parts I got from ISP have worked out good.  Get someone close by on the volt meter that can read it for you and look for 14.0V-14.2 range (or at least that’s what I remember what I was looking for when I had to put a VR on mine) Jim correct me if I'm off.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)
70 Fastback Carb MT (school project)
71 Stander Beetle (now brother’s car)