[T3] Auto shift issue

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Wed Sep 16 10:23:31 PDT 2015

I will slide under again with a mirror and see if I can see any numbers on the upper side of the transmission. So far nothing is visible without a mirror.

Yes I checked with the engine running, however it may have been in park, and I didn't drive it, I simply put it in D then R and waited for it to engage, then park and checked it.

Sounds like I may need to drop the pan and get the # off the valve body to see what I have there. If I can view the governor maybe get a number there also.

I will also check the side covers. There is a number on the case below the axles, but I thought that was the final drive #. I will get that, and I recall there was no "AE" preceding the number. I will check that also.

I will also examine the VM the see if it is deflected in any way. It does not appear that way, but I will check the horizontal alignment to be sure.

It has never shifted as the previous one did, prior to it's demise. It did shift at lower speeds, but it had "morning sickness" whenever put into D. A 1-2 second pause then engagement that was positive, but less positive than into R, which was definite. Now there is little to no pause when going into drive and R is the same.

I have considered putting a "sea foam" transmission flush product in and changing fluids again, but hesitate as "repairs in a can" spook me.

Will look for the IAD number again.
Thanks
Tim
73 T3 auto