[T3] Engine Tin

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 08:21:21 PDT 2015

In a message dated 9/17/2015 6:11:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
craigslistcsprings at gmail.com writes:

Currently have a single port that is hurting. I have been offered a  dual
port long block. Can I replace the top side cylinder tins and  use
everything else, or is this going to require a full set of tins for  the
conversion?

I see top side tins on the samba, but there are  quite a few differences
between the early and late.

Yes, you can use the lower and front single port tin with the dual  port
tin, but you need to find the early dual port tin. See what Brian ran into
with his Notch motor.
Dual port tin from 67 to 71 is very similar (68 on got a hole for the CHT
sensor), but 72 & 73 got extra holes for crankcase ventilation added, and
might be different. Ideally the only real changes are the screw holes that
mount  the lower tin end pieces (the straight ones) to the top covers.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof