[T3] Brake Pad Reline

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Sep 27 07:20:30 PDT 2015

On 27 Sep 2015 at 8:12, Craigs List wrote:

> What company do you guys go to to get the brake pads redone? My father has
> a boat trailer with brake pads that are nla. He wants to get the pads re
> done.

In this era of the Internet, it's hard to imagine not being able to
find something like that. It may be NLA from your FLAPS, but check
ebay and amazon, or just google on it.

If you really can't find them anywhere, check your local library for
Hemming's Motor News. ISTR ads in there for custom brake shoe
relining. I've never needed this service myself, but it's out there
for things that are really old.

BTW, you said "pads" but I'm assuming you meant shoes. I don't think
anyone relines pads.

If you need pads or shoes for Type 3s, I have them, at least all of
the sizes for the disk brake years, plus some of the earlier stuff.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org