[T3] Total Lunar Eclipse

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 27 20:10:32 PDT 2015

Just got in from looking at the moon tonight: We've got a total Lunar
eclipse, and it's happening when the moon is at its closest approach
to the earth. This is called a "Super Moon" so what we've got is a
total eclipse of a Super Moon. If you're anywhere from the US
mid-plains east to central Europe, you should take a look, now. If
your sky is clear, you get to see it, too.

Melissa says this is the last one we're likely to see in our
lifetimes. Around the world these are fairly common, but there won't
be another one visible from this part of the Earth until something
like 2033.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org