[T3] One Bite at a Time

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 28 21:14:19 PDT 2015

Hope this message goes through and get replies: Hotmail has really gone down in usability as at random puts List letters in junk. Tried shifting to Gmail, but the powers that be seem to not allow. Anyway, onto more important.

Had a lot of things happen, including my Grandmother passing late August 2014. At one point, had $200 for the entire month (from Church and friends). Really made me evaluate and one conclusion came to was best to instead drive the Squareback since just need liability on it, since lot less to repair and parts more available than the Mercedes. So, got the funds and a plan together.

First step was creating a work space and cleaning. Did that yesterday evening until way after dark. Amazing how much junk we accumulate in a small space over a short time. Most of it is pallets I brought home from dumpster dives. Also a small file cabinet and dresser, both which projects never got around to.

Second was tracking down a welder. Not 100 percent due to my acquaintance/friend being really busy, but for now saves a large expense of the budget on getting a welder (about a third). Said need to get it mostly, if not completely, ready. Thinking to leave the fenders on for now so can blast those.

Next challenge will be finding an air compressor for the sand blaster I bought ages ago.

I have most of the donor metal except the left front rocker/A pillar, but for the inner heater just going to fiberglass. Unless someone has a rocker with bad skin willing to part.

Hope to be done with the rust by January so can see about getting the engine running again. But, one bite at a time.

Really like to at least have this towable by April so can make the Invasion. I have no excuse being in the same state! ;p l.o.l. Figure worse comes to worse, if I get it there, as y'all done so kindly in the past, can get it up and running in short order. ;p

Oh Keith, if you want to save dragging a beam from New York, have a junker (bent) here could bring up. ;p Do plan to unload my early stuff; no one wants it so figure better than throwing away.

Thank you so very much!
Adriel