[T3] shocks

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 14:55:56 PDT 2016

In a message dated 4/10/2016 5:29:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at VWType3.org writes:

On 10  Apr 2016 at 14:17, Jessica Chase wrote:

> It looks like our ´69 is  in need of new shocks and we´re wondering
> which ones on the market are  closest or even identical to stock.

I'm afraid there's little point in  trying to find OG shocks or even
anything that's "close." I have some  aftermarket fronts, but no
rears. If you REALLY need new shocks, buy  something that seems about
right off ebay. They'll probably be Beetle  shocks, but you won't
notice any difference. You should replace them in  matching pairs, but
there's no need to replace all 4 if 1 is  bad.

Don't spend big bucks. You're not doing high performance off road
driving. I think you're likely to find something suitable for $30
each, or less.

Agreed. I'd probably get a pair of KYB Excel's from Rock Auto for the
rear. They're gas charged, so you don't want them on the front.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof