[T3] WOW! the RUST!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 20 18:59:04 PDT 2016

biggest problem here is that nobody will spend the money on snowtires
anymore, despite the fact that technology has moved the snowtire to the
point of leaving black marks in the snow they are so good.  The low profile
tires are very expensive to make in snows, and not nearly as good, so folks
do without and creep along at 5mph when it snows and tie up traffic so they
push for the salt so the roads are clear.

My Father bought the Opel new in 75, drove it for 20 years and I used it as
a winter car for 5 more, before restoring it.  an EXCELLENT Zebart job and
careful oiling preserved it pretty well, but Opel exhaust parts and brakes
were getting too hard to find and it was just impractical to keep it going
in the winter, and of course... there are still many things that you cant
protect from the salt.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com