[T3] I'm a little confused about the cylinder head temp sonsor

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Aug 1 15:14:38 PDT 2016

On 1 Aug 2016 at 14:16, William J wrote:

> What do I need to release the tangs that hold the terminals in the MPS and
> TPS and trigger plastic plugs . I have never checked them or tightened them
> . I have jewelers screw drivers yet they have a round shank and may not work
> well . It seems the tang at least on the TS2 , once I pressed it down so I
> could pull the terminal out the tang stayed down and had to be bent back up
> . I was hoping I could use something to just depress the tang and not do
> that or is that not possible?

I make my tools from SST welding wire, of a diameter suitable for the
terminals. For the FI terminals, I use 1/16" wire. I have to file one
end flat and put a little bevel on it. It takes some time, but once
you've got the right idea it works well.

You'd think there would be suitable tools available commercially.
They must be out there, but I haven't found them.

The locking tangs often get depressed when I do this, but I use a
standard sewing pin to push them back out.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org