[T3] I'm a little confused about the cylinder head temp sonsor

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Tue Aug 2 15:29:45 PDT 2016

It's more like black and tan, with the tan ones to the rear. Rear is
toward the rear of the car. Once the engine is warmed up, I don't
think it makes much difference, as the heat of the engine will
vaporize the fuel regardless. It probably makes a bit of difference
at idle on a cold engine, where the wait time can be longer.

For port injection there's no "bad" time to inject, there are just
okay times and better times. Consider the fact that L-jet does TWO
squirts per revolution of the distributor while K-jet just sprays all
the time.

The Bentley manual says black and grey, but the grey has turned
brownish (tan) over the years. The black probably hasn't changed. I
believe the colors were the same for all years.  The "set" in your
harness is probably correct.

Jim

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org