[T3] I tried to ask this question end of July

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 5 12:25:44 PDT 2016

 I realize many have this odd affect after the engine is hot and shut of for 25 minutes and restarted the HTS or TS2 cools down because the heads col down faster than the cylinders making th car run rich for a while then it clears .

 I got 7 gallons on gas june 28 and drove the car maybe 6 miles and it was hot out 90* car ran fine.

 Then on July 28th I drove 10 miles 40 MPH max in 95* heat and the car ran as it has for quite a while . It sat for 20 to 25 minutes and when I started it and put it in reverse (auto trans) it seemed to run a bit rough for a bit then the entire trip of 10 miles back I felt this vibration in the steering wheel only when at a stop in drive foot on brake .

 The idle speed is the same and it seems to run the same yet this vibration was not there before the trip back. It's an E system Fuel injection and the only part I replaced was the MPS for the proper one back in the end on Jan 2015 and filled up the tank.

 Could this be caused by a FI plug terminal that became loose . I ask because I never tightened any of them and feel it would not hurn. I have have the MPS plug on and off the most and did notice last time one of the terminals only looked like one of the sides you crimp was open quite a bit. I never tested while running because you really can't and this car has always had a vib in drive at a stop yet goes away as soon I let off the brake and this new vib acts the same way in that respect it's just a new vibration I feel in the steering wheel .

 Like I said it seems to run like it did . The only thing that seems to clear up the no load RPM instability at ldle is unplugging the TS1 idle is unstable from 1000 RPM idle to 2300 RPM then responds normally . I can't feel this in gear or driving . It also pops out the exhaust if I speed up quick then let off the gas . If I speed up slower it may pop once or twice. So the quicker I speed up while driving it pops more and I don't hear this when TS1 is unplugged. It does have small exhaust leaks at the EMPI header to the heat exchangers. This to me seems it's fuel lean or rich related .

 Any suggestions would certainly help.

William

---