[T3] Door check straps

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 09:04:17 PDT 2016

Looks like the rubber buffer is something that could be made from a slice of
a 2-hole rubber bung, such as you'd find in a chemistry lab in school.  Just
slice between the holes to fit the metal strap. You would need to open up
the door plastic internal seal to get it out of the door, and reseal it
again after, so a bit of time needed to do that.
Does the metal part wear out as well?  I don't recall ever having a problem,
though maybe the check function is less effective - I'm not sure how often I
open it as far as the check point.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club