[T3] 67 wiring

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 19:11:14 PDT 2016

So I'm still working on the wiring of the 67 Fasty. At the moment I am working on the steering column. Luckily the ignition switch seems functional, although I've only identified 3 of the 4 wires for the switch on the schematic. I got "15", "P" and "30", but the fourth one also seems to be marked "30" on the switch. I can't make it out, the wire is the striped one.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1547353.jpg

The more vexing problem is that I don't know where I should have continuity between wires when the turn signal switch is set to "right" and "left". The on-line schematics are no help at all in this regard. They don't even call the column switches out individually. It's just a spray of wires coming out of "E". I do know which wires are from the ignition switch and the dimmer so at least I'm only working with what's left. But at the moment I get nothing in any position of the turn-signal switch.

Assuming the switch is electrically inoperative, I'm going to have to take it apart and try to restore it. Any help on how to do that?

Max Welton http://www.maxwelton2k.net/