[T3] do the late 73 T-3 fuel injected distributors have the timing retard ?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 17:43:05 PDT 2016

Well I drove the Notchback to the camp over the weekend and that Berg 1679
runs a steady 20 degrees hotter than its stock brother.  So built engines
DO run hotter, and last less long. Its running Nonthenol now and seems
pretty happy with that but I finally got around to increasing the stroke on
the accelerator pump tonight to get rid of that occasional hesitation.

The Joe Gibbs oil is pretty good to about 220F, at that point the viscosity
starts to take a dump, at least the 10W30 version, and unfortunately at 85
degrees out it gets above those temps in the sump.  Glad I didnt drive it to
AZ!

With stock engines though, setup properly, you really shouldnt be able to
overheat it unless your towing and even then, so long as your not constantly
floored it would take some work.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com