[T3] do the late 73 T-3 fuel injected distributors have the timing retard ?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 18:41:15 PDT 2016

In a message dated 8/29/2016 8:43:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Well I  drove the Notchback to the camp over the weekend and that Berg 1679
runs a  steady 20 degrees hotter than its stock brother.  So built engines
DO  run hotter, and last less long. Its running Nonthenol now and seems
pretty  happy with that but I finally got around to increasing the stroke on
the  accelerator pump tonight to get rid of that occasional hesitation.

The  Joe Gibbs oil is pretty good to about 220F, at that point the
viscosity
starts to take a dump, at least the 10W30 version, and  unfortunately at 85
degrees out it gets above those temps in the  sump.  Glad I didnt drive it
AZ!

With stock engines though,  setup properly, you really shouldnt be able to
overheat it unless your  towing and even then, so long as your not
constantly
floored it would take  some work.

Keith

You know Keith, if you're really that unhappy with it, why don't you
convert it back to a 1600? Or are you using "machine in" 88's? Seems that would
solve your issues with that engine.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof