[T3] This may be a dumb question and I should know .

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 31 17:12:11 PDT 2016

 On the oil dipstick when I change the oil it's at the top mark. Is it about 1 quart low if it hits the lower mark or is it half the 4.8 pints ?

 Also I always wipe the stick yet noticed when I don't and first pull it out engine cold it's at the top mark when I pull  it and wipe it it's between the top and low mark . I would think if it's been sitting a few days any oil on the stick would drain down and be at the proper level.

 I never noticed that before because I automatically wipe it off first . I've read some keep it between the marks I usually add oil until it hits the high mark so it's full and when I change the oil and add the spec 5.3 US pints it's never at the top mark 3 quarts and it is . The spring loaded stick does work and that's the point of that so it goes down all the way and the car is level when I check it.

---