[T3] Door check straps

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:53:40 PDT 2016

A few months ago, the door check strap on on our passenger side door stopped holding the door open. We've ignored it for a while, but after getting knocked in the shin by the door for the millionth time yesterday, I figured I’d ask if there’s any way to repair the straps. From what I gather on The Samba (regarding Ghias and Bugs only, actually) it seems that replacement is in order. If replacement is the only option, ISP West sells “rebuilt” straps for $50. If they sell rebuilt straps, I figure there must be a way to rebuild mine……or is this one of the hen’s teeth of Type 3 ownership?

Daniel