[T3] do the late 73 T-3 fuel injected distributors have thetiming retard ?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 19:27:29 PDT 2016

In a message dated 8/28/2016 2:06:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at VWType3.org writes:

On 27  Aug 2016 at 23:38, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I was just going off  what Russ told me/us years ago.

What did Russ tell you? I don't  remember what you posted.

He told me, this list and the Samba that all type 3 distributors had  a 4
degree retard on #3 cylinder. This was because VW felt that the restricted
air flow over the 3-4 side of the engine from the oil cooler would cause #3
cylinder to run hot. By retarding that cylinder 4* , VW felt there would be
enough "safety factor" built in to keep it from over heating. As we all
know,  the VW engineers were overly cautious in their designs, and usually
err'd on the  side of over kill. ;-)

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof