[T3] Blower Motor

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Dec 7 15:10:26 PST 2016

On 2016-12-07 06:25, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:
> Some questions about the front dash blower motor. I assume there are
> no longer replacements for it so on that note is there any possibility
> of rebuilding it?
> Mine runs but squeals and groans for a while before it stats working
> if I am lucky.
>
> I realize its not to simple to remove but I do have all the tools to
> do so I had purchased them a long while bac in the plan to try and
> clean out the compost pile in it.
>
> Are there any HOW TO written out there?
>
> Thanks much,
> Daniel Du Vall

Mine always squealed when I drove it in my youth and even when I was a
kid and dad drove it. The only time I used it was when it rained in the
summer to defog the windshield. I didn't even hook it back up when we
went through everything during the restoration a few years ago. Rarely
do I ever get her out in the rain now unless I get caught in an
unexpected shower.
--
Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT