[T3] Blower Motor

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Dec 8 08:50:26 PST 2016

On 2016-12-07 21:24, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/7/2016 7:20:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:
>
> I  used to use the fan yet the thing even when not producing bearing
> noise
> was still pretty freaking loud. I only used low because on high you
> could not talk over it.
>
> That's always been the big "joke" about the blower set up. Low is
> noise,
> and high is even louder noise. When I rebuilt the 71 Notch 8 years ago,
> went thru the motor on it. Basically just cleaned up the shaft ends and
> lubed
> the bearings. It still works, but it doesn't really move a lot of air
> (even
> on  high).
>
> Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof

Yes they are loud. Like I said in a previous post I would only use it as
a defogger during the summer in the rain back in the day. When I was
dating my now wife back then she would not let me turn it on because she
couldn't stand the noise. She would keep a towel or rag handy and wipe
off the fog off the windshield while I drove.
--
Dennis